Some say I live on endorphins! I am a fitness addict and I teach full-time at Absolute Cycle and WeBarre. As a hobby, I run my own swimwear line, Sorakini. If you find me familiar, I was the first Runner-up of Miss Universe Singapore 2018 and was also on the cover of Shape Magazine Nov 2018. You will probably always catch me in a good mood because I basically spend all my time doing things I love.????
2. What is your wellness/fitness routine?
I teach about 15 to 20 spin and barre classes a week. Outside of work, I practice Muay Thai, Pilates and Yoga. That is actually pretty intense, so I do ensure I get a healthy dose of time-out — which usually means lazing by the beach, going for a relaxing massage, and going for wellness retreats abroad.
3. Where is your favourite travel destination?
Anywhere with a beach and clear waters.
4. What are the places or retreats you would recommend to people for a travel wellness experience?
Gosh, I am spoilt for choice! Bali or Koh Samui for sure are some of my favourites. I like to look for places that give you a digital detox. ???? I recently went on a Health Retreat at Eden at Currumbin Valley. Read here for my amazing experience there.
5. Why do you think it’s important to prioritise your health and wellbeing and how do you keep this at the forefront when life starts to become overwhelming?
Health is the rock/foundation of my life and my career! I always remind myself that sometimes we rest so we can walk further.
6. Everyone’s idea of self-care is different, please tell us about yours?
It is in a nutshell, doing things you love and being kind to yourself. Aside from the time-out I take (as shared earlier), it also involves being careful with the things I say to myself and/or being aware of any unnecessary or unhealthy pressure I’m putting on myself.
7. What is your personal ethos?
If you are always thinking this one thing in your head, then you should probably get that done.
8. If there is 1 wellness tip you swear by, what would that be?
Get out there, do something you love. It is often when you’re home with nothing to do that you can end up overthinking or surrounded by negative thoughts.
You can follow Jia En in her wellness journey and everyday life here!