About Gabrielle Mendoza
In 2005, Gabrielle stumbled her way into a heavily subsidised Hatha yoga class for staff at the bank where she was interning. Yoga subsequently became part of her exercise routine. Seven years later in 2012, Gabrielle’s inability to manage stress while taking on a double portfolio during her manager’s maternity leave led to a case of Bruxsism [the involuntary excessive grinding of teeth] that even broke her customised protective mouthguard. She felt overwhelmed and lost a sense of who she was in the competitive corporate world. But her Yoga teacher helped to create a safe place on the mat where Gabrielle could distance herself from the world and adopt a realistic outlook with clarity of mind.
From then onwards, Gabrielle’s Yoga journey morphed into one of healing, mindful connection and self-realisation – so she followed her calling to become a Yoga teacher in order to help others out of the plight that she once had to face. Gabrielle specialises in Hatha Yoga and Yoga Therapy, and counts the likes of Sarah Powers, Tiffany Cruikshank and Tina Nance as her sources of inspiration.
Gabrielle’s sequences aim to move away from denser forms of physical practice to allow for more subtle techniques such as utilising the breath to promote the movement of energy and facilitate the union of breath, body and mind. The meditation techniques she favours are simple and relatable, so that even the most hesitant of practitioners will not feel intimidated.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
· Yoga Therapeutics – 100-hr Teacher Training with Tina Nance of Tina Nance Yoga Therapy in Bali, 2017
· Shoulder Anatomy Dysfunction and Application Immersion – 25-hr Immersion with Tiffany Cruikshank of Yoga Medicine in Singapore, 2017
· Diploma in Yoga Teaching – 350-hr Teacher Training with International Yoga Teacher’s Association in Australia, 2016
About Yun Ng
One of the first few yoga classes that Yun took was in 2003 in a large dusty dance studio filled with dedicated yogis – including her aunt, to whom she owes her practice. The class was led by a leggy grey-haired Indian teacher with a vast knowledge in pranayama, or the practice of extension of breath. This weekly study sparked Yun’s interest in yoga and she dove straight into hot yoga the following year. She began a daily and continuous practice of Bikram, hatha and vinyasa yoga. She was blessed to have met many inspiring teachers from all over the world and this led to her first certification of yoga teaching in 2010.
Yun’s curiosity and hunger for knowledge kept her on the mat and fuels her desire to learn and evolve every single day. The teachers who have influenced her practice include those from the Anusara background like Ross Rayburn, her friend/teacher Mitzi with her playful heart and inspirational body-intelligence, and most recently Meghan Currie for her insight on slow and intuitive vinyasa movement through deep listening of the body.
Singapore, Paris, Bali, Hong Kong, Australia and Shanghai are a few of the places where Yun has practised, taught and lived yoga. She continues to bring this explorative nature to her classes, through creative sequencing, insightful alignment cues, and a mantra or two. Yun wants her students to create a seamless transition on and off the yoga mat, using practical skills from yoga (from the sutras to a handstand) to make sense of the world around us. Yun believes that compassion and kindness are also a practice, so expect bhakti yoga with singing and chanting in some of her classes!
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
· 30-hr Immersion with Mathieu Bouldron, 2017
· Jivamukti Weekend Workshops with Petros Haffenrichter, 2016
· Myofascial and Forrest Yoga Workshops with Brian Campbell, 2016
· Weekend Immersion with Meghan Currie, 2016
· Dharma Yoga Weekend Workshops with Dharma Mittra, 2015
· Jivamukti Weekend Workshops with Sharon Gannon, 2015
· Active Meditation Facilitation Training with Amber Sawyer (Singasatsanga), 2015
· AcroYoga Elemental Immersion, 2015
· Myofascial Release with SinHee McCabe/Brian Campbell, 2014
· Sianna Sherman Advanced Teacher Training (Adjustments/Therapy), 2014
· Ashtanga Workshops with Kino McGregor / David Swenson, 2015
· Fit Flow Yoga Teacher Training with Briony/Dice (45 hrs), 2014
· Advanced/Intermediate Teacher Training with Christina Sell (45 hrs), 2014
· Self-Realisation Immersion (Dharma Yoga), Andrei Ram, 2012/2013
· Anusara Tigress Practice/ Anusara Workshop, Amy Ippoliti and Desiree Rumbaugh, 2012
· Anusara Asana Intensives with Noah Maze, 2011
· Anusara Immersions with Ross Rayburn (35 hrs), 2011 and 2013
· Ana Forrest Workshop, 2011
· Reiki Healer, Level 2, 2011
· Amrita Yoga Intensives, Amritapuri (Amma’s Ashram), Kerala India, 2010
· 200-hr Yoga Teaching Certificate (Ashtanga Vinyasa), 2010