Welcome aboard of Heritage Line in the serene waters of Lan Ha Bay, the still so unknown extension of Halong Bay. A 2 days 1 night cruise where you can explore the wonders of Lan Ha Bay.
Lan Ha Bay stretches almost all around the eastern coast line – from the northern to the southern tip – of Cat Ba island, which is the largest island in this area. Discover with us the wondrous scenery of quiet waters dotted with limestone pillars and tiny islets cladded with forest vegetation rising from the emerald sea of the Gulf of Tonkin. Lan Ha Bay, a unique world heritage.
Step aboard Ginger, your home while you explore one of nature’s wonders, Lan Ha Bay. The private atmosphere on board makes it feel almost like you have the whole vessel to yourself. Enjoy the vast space and homey feeling in your room, or head out to the pool deck and take in the blue hour with a sundowner after some cycling around the jungle-like Cat Ba Island. You can also learn more about local cuisine and customs by joining a cooking class to find out how to strip down a fresh squid – be careful with the ink! But maybe nothing is more enjoyable on Ginger than a private balcony breakfast in close togetherness with your partner while the boat slowly sails back to the harbor passing thousands of karsts and small islands.
Available all year round
Activities Provided onboard:
Tai Chi, live-cooking workshop, in-room dining (on request), spa, steam bath, cycling tour on jungle like Cat Ba island, kayaking, swimming, sunbathing by the pool, board games, souvenir shop, library with books, magazines and newspapers, in-room entertainment.
- Your luxurious floating home sets sail around noontime. Enjoy a welcome drink upon boarding while being acquainted with the facilities on board during the welcome briefing. We start our unique journey of exploring one of the new wonders of nature – Lan Ha Bay. We enjoy lunch in Ginger’s light-flooded dining room offering panoramic views of the passing scenery.
- Along the cruise we can see an ancient lighthouse, built by the French over 100 years ago. We head deeper and further south into the maze of Lan Ha Bay. Lan Ha Bay is actually a part of Halong Bay which was just recently opened to the public. Relax on the sun deck and soak in the aura of the fascinating scenery that emanates from the surreal seascape. During this cruising time there is enough time to enjoy our onboard activities. Take a plunge in the pool or let us pamper you with a selection of fine treatments and massages in our large Lady Ginger spa.
- We reach the landing spot of Viet Hai Village on Cat Ba Island where we hop on bikes (electric car available) for an active tour along small paved roads towards a village nestled in a valley. Meet and greet local inhabitants doing their daily work, see their homes and the village school.
- Back on board, our chef is ready and prepared for an interactive cooking class in the open kitchen at the restaurant. Learn about local ingredients, preparation and cooking of particular dishes to imitate easily at home. We arrive at a tranquil anchor spot for the night. A hidden place to reminisce on the day’s adventures and enjoy cocktails under the stars. Dinner is served in the dining room.
- You may like to hang out at our bar after with a digestif or pay a visit to the evening cinema which is set up in the dining area. Kick back with your favourite drink in probably the most unusual cinema you have ever visited. Or – have some fun with our team joining them for squid fishing before retiring to your room.
- Wake up early and join our Tai Chi session on the sun deck to ease mind and muscles with the first rays of the sun touching the water. Coffee, tea and breakfast pastries await you in the dining room to start the new day.
- Ginger anchors up and we cruise to Frog Lake, a secluded spot which is perfect for our morning excursion. In kayaks or swimming we enjoy a close encounter and discovery of the bay. Paddling through the dreamlike landscape with tree-topped islands, you will feel a sense of freedom and harmony with nature that you have never experienced before.
- Back on board a hearty breakfast is served in the dining room as we cruise back to the pier where we arrive around 11 o’clock in the morning.
- Savour the last cruise moments of this unique journey relaxing on comfy sun beds on the terrace deck. We hope you enjoyed cruising with us in the Hidden World of Lan Ha Bay.
The gracious Ginger will be Heritage Line’s new vessel cruising the Lan Ha Bay, which is a tranquil part of the famous Halong Bay in Vietnam. Ginger hosts only 12 large suites, all naturally light-flooded and with well-sized balcony. There will be two Regent Suites in the highest room category. Additional four Signature Suites and six Junior Suites complete the suite only vessel. Ginger expresses her elegance with warm timber floors, marble bathrooms and distinguished design themes that interlace the long-lasting traditions of Northern Vietnam paired with contemporary accents.
Ginger’s uniqueness is expressed with a special culinary theme as well as a refreshing lifestyle atmosphere. The terrace deck is a marvelous public area. An almost 360-degree light-flooded restaurant offering live cooking is framed by an outdoor alfresco area. An indoor bar corner invites to relax before or after dinner.
The most exclusive facility is Ginger’s pool on the terrace deck. Surrounded by comfortable shaded sunbeds, the views from the pool are spectacular. So are the views from the spa rooms in the stern of the ship – one VIP spa room comes with steam bath. Combine relaxing spa treatments with dramatic outlooks through floor to ceiling glass windows on the bay.
- Indochinese-Vietnamese Design with contemporary accents
- 12 Suites (three categories)
- Reception Lounge
- Library Lounge
- Restaurant with Live Cooking and Al Fresco Dining
- Indoor Bar
- Terrace Deck & Pool
- Large Spa facilities including a steam bath
The six spacious Junior Suites (two twins, four doubles) with 37 sqm total floor space (including a 5 sqm private balcony) on the main deck offer a separate sofa lounge area and bathroom fitted with a walk-in shower and bathtub overlooking the bay. Beds face the sea and the private balcony is accessible via a large sliding glass door. The Junior Suites rooms are naturally light-flooded and feature an artful design of dark-ink hand painted local scenery and landscapes at the backdrop of the bed and their ceilings are covered with entwined silver leaves.
Individually controlled air conditioning, cabinet, mini bar, safety box, balcony with sun chairs and table, Wi-Fi, sound system, Bluetooth loudspeaker, sofa lounge, bathroom with walk-in shower and bath tub, hairdryer, slippers, bathrobe, tea & coffee facility, in-house phone, luggage rack
The Signature Suites have the same total floor space of 37 sqm (including a 5 sqm private balcony) as the Junior Suites but are located on the upper deck. They feature a warm yellow, earthy brown and antique gold flower theme with intricate, feminine décor. Delicate floral embroideries on silk panels inspire guests to revel in romance and poetry. The exquisite bathroom with its mosaic tiled walls behind a lavish vanity, a large walk-in shower and an exquisite bathtub invite to indulge in extravagance.
Individually controlled air conditioning, cabinet, mini bar, safety box, balcony with sun chairs and table, Wi-Fi, sound system, Bluetooth loudspeaker, sofa lounge, bathroom with walk-in shower and bath tub, hairdryer, slippers, bathrobe, tea & coffee facility, in-house phone, luggage rack.
The two Regent Suites, named Blue Phoenix and White Crane, are the most luxurious options to voyage aboard Ginger. Both have 50 sqm of floor space including private balcony and a bathroom with a Jacuzzi that offers great vistas of Lan Ha Bay. The light-flooded expansive bathroom in conjunction with the private balcony (6 sqm) make the Regent Suites a special abode. Each of the two suites boasts an individual design theme dedicated to mythical birds of Vietnam’s rich repertoire of fables. The interior design features hand-made lacquer panels over the bed, antique and colonial furniture, gleaming gold leaf ceilings and artistic decoration.
Individually controlled air conditioning, cabinet, mini bar, safety box, balcony with sun chairs and table, Wi-Fi, LCD screen, movie and music entertainment system, Bluetooth loudspeaker, sofa lounge, bathroom with walk-in shower and Jacuzzi, hairdryer, slippers, bathrobe, tea & coffee facility, coffee machine, in-house phone, luggage rack.
Prices are reflected in USD.
High season rates apply from 01 Oct – 30 Apr 2019
Low season rates apply from 01 May – 30 Sep 2019
|Low Season||High Season|