In this YTT course, students will learn postures and teach an asana practice, through a multitude of lectures, discussions, reading assignments, writing assignments, posture exploration, teaching exercises, posture sequencing, and class development.
During the 200 hours, 27 days immersion yoga teacher training (YTT) we establish a steady rhythm of study, classes, practice, and rest over the course of the four weeks. The foundation course is designed to establish any serious practitioner and teacher in the principles and practices.
There are various practices throughout the day like Meditation and pranayama, learning about yoga anatomy and physiology, yoga philosophy and therapeutic yoga practices.
Languages : English, French, Italian, German & Spanish
27 Days – 1st – 28th April 2019
|INCLUDED||26 Nights Stay at Villa Shanti
100 Hours Yoga technique, training and practice
30 hours teaching methodology
10 hours anatomy and physiology
20 hours yoga philosophy
25 hours of therapeutic Yoga
15 hours of practice teaching guidance
|NOT INCLUDED||Airport Transfer|
During our Intensive Training Course you will gain working knowledge of the following things:
- Yoga philosophy and Ayurveda
- History and philosophy of yoga, philosophy, and aim of yoga, the five points of yoga, prana (Qi) and nadis (Meridians)
- Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita
- Ayurveda and yogic lifestyle
- Chakras, the human energy field, the five koshas, and the bandhas
- Principles of self-development
- Teacher-student relationship
- Ethics for yoga teachers -Techniques, training, and practice
- Hatha practice and techniques
- Vinyasa practice and techniques
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Sun salutations, warming-up practice, and techniques
- Yin yoga
- Other yoga styles
- Kriyas and Ayurvedic cleansing rituals
- Breathwork, pranayama, and bhandas
- Meditations, relaxation, mindfulness, and mudras
- Chanting – kirtan and mantras
- Yoga Nidra
- Massage and Essential Oils
Villa Shanti is located in Marciana. 3,5 km from the next beach in Marciana Marina and 1.5 km from the beautiful medieval village of Marciana Alto.
One Apartment called Scirocco ( 60 qm) has one bedroom and another open bedroom on a balcony accessible with stairs. There is a huge living room with fully equipped kitchen and a bathroom. The apartment can be used from 4-6 people, because there is a bedcoach in the huge living room. Another second bathroom is combined with the interior Yoga Shala next door and can be used if the apartment is used by six people.
The Second smaller Apartment, Called Ponente, (25 qm), has one bedroom reachable with a staircase a living room, bathroom and kitchen. We use it for 2 people, maybe a couple with a child who could sleep on the little bedsofa in the living room.
Featuring a living room with a sofa, as well as a fully equipped kitchenette, each unit has a private bathroom with bidet. Each unit features a terrace and has a satellite flat-screen TV, as well as air conditioning.
The whole house has AC (warm & cold) and free WiFi. We are getting our energy with solarpanels and we have an own dwell with 100% tested drinking water. The quality of our water has the perfect standard like “fontana di Napoleone” witch is nearby the house. Beeing independs from water and having solarenergy is like Bingo in this Island.
We have two Yoga Shalas. One big one outdoor where you are doing real sun salutions with the rising sun every morning. Around the Outdoor Shala we have herbal plants and an own garden where we do grow our own food. The Garden is huge and has wonderful palmtrees, fruittrees and else. There is a barbecue area and different relaxing places with hangmacs and sunchairs or sundbeds. The sun is shining from 7 a.m. till 6 p.m. and the old trees give you nice shadow areas.
We have an indoor Yogashala, so every time of the year we are giving regular Yoga courses. Portoferraio is 20 km from Villa Shanti, while Marina di Campo is 17 km away.
Yoga teacher Shakti Chris
“Bend over will definitly change your life” – staying in the forward bend “Pada Hastansa” will change your life! I read the saying in the first yoga book I picked up in 1995.
I laughed and thought, let’s see! My son was born and I lived in the wonderful but stressful job of a global reporter, desperately looking for an anchor in my restless world.
I then literally stuck in Pada Hastasana !!
What followed were several yoga teacher trainings that have changed my life sustainably.
First at Power Yoga inventor Bryan Kest in Santa Monica, California, the yoga guru of stars like Madonna and Sting. Bryan was literally my catapult from the western to the eastern world. Power Yoga was just the beginning that gave me the first access to a very athletic yoga. But that cannot be everything, I thought, and set out for India and Nepal.
In an Ashram in India (Kerala) I graduated in Therapeutic Yoga with Guru Saji. Added to this was another degree in YinYoga and my Reiki Master.
“I have created my own style from this colorful yoga world with many great inspirations, but it always adapts to the group. I like to teach in nature, on beautiful beaches, on magical rocks or in the Yoga Shala of my Villa Shanti on the beautiful Island of Elba where I do live most of the year. ”
I completely turned my life upside down. From the secure employee relationship as a reporter, I have jumped into the new world of yoga, with no net!
And this has become a dream that I live in my Toscany Italy. I opened the first yoga and mediation center on the green island of Elba in January 2018. With an indoor yoga shala (we searched for 3 months for the right colors and repainted again and again until we were happy). The outdoor Yoga Shala surrounded by a beautiful garden with its own vegetables, herbs and citrus fruits is made of wood and at about 7 o’clock in the morning sun salutation the sun comes up in all imaginable colors.
It’s a magical place I live with my Italian partner Alberto (great cook). And every morning, when I get up with the sun, I’m just happy! Bend over- Pada Hastasana !!!
We have space for yoga groups up to 10 people. And my wonderful neighbor has also offered her villa. So place for 15 yogis easy.
Activities in Dates
- Shatkarma (kriyas) April 17
- Juice Fasting: April 18,19 & 20
- Day of Silence: April 20
- Leading a Yoga Class: April 24, 25, 26, 27 & 28
- 07:00 – 07:30 Morning tea and fruit
- 07:30 – 08:30 Meditation and pranayama or silent walk in nearby magic nature
- 08:30 – 10:00 Morning yoga practice
- 10:00 – 11:00 Breakfast & Break
- 11:00 – 12:00 Morning classroom sessions
- 12:00 – 13:00 Karma Yoga
- 13:30 – 14:30 Lunch & Break
- 16:00 – 19:00 Afternoon sessions including teaching last week
- 17:30 – 19:00 Afternoon practice (Yin or Restorative or Reiki)
- 19:00 – 20:00 Dinner
- 20:00 – Free time, or special evening session
This is an example of the daily schedule, please note times may change slightly. Specially when we are doing the silent walks in nature
SATURDAY ONLY MORNING ACTIVITIES
8:00 – 9:30 SILENT WALK
9:30 – 10:00 light Breakfast Juicebase, Fruit
10:00 – 11:30 Yoga
SUNDAY – Free Day
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- Introduction to the anatomy of the human body as it relates to the asanas. Basic anatomy and physiology (with particular emphasis on respiration, circulation, and digestion).
- Explore the nervous system, the muscular-skeletal system, knee and hip joints, the pelvis, the spine, and other topics
- Introduction to the subtle bodies: the yogic anatomy of chakras, nadis, and koshas, helping you to more fully understand the process and benefits of yoga
- Physiological and energetic effects of asanas, pranayama, meditation and relaxation
- Benefits and contra-indications for asanas (poses)
- Effects of structural and postural alignment on health and wellbeing
- Physiological and emotional effect of stress
- Principles of diet and nutrition