Share an unforgettable, fun-filled experience as you journey through the rich landscape of yoga. You will cultivate a solid foundation in tradition and the techniques necessary for competently teaching Yoga at a 200 hour RYT® certification level.
The Zuna Yoga® 200 hour course is a comprehensive and professional program. Every aspect of this training has been methodically tailored to provide you the best education and the deepest experience possible on every level. Our yoga instructor certification course presents an in-depth study of Asana (posture), Pranayama (breathing practices), Meditation, Yoga Philosophy, Yoga Anatomy, Prana and the Energetic Body, Class Sequencing and Adjustments, as well as instruction on how to develop a personal meditation practice. The fundamentals of Ayurveda and its importance will also be covered. We present an academic review of yogic philosophy, method and science as well as a thorough practical understanding through group practice and practicums, led by our highly qualified instructors, that give our students ample opportunity to refine their skills.
Whether you’re an aspiring student seeking to deepen your knowledge of Yoga practice, or already a teacher, our 200 hour yoga certification course will take both your personal development and skills as a facilitator to new heights. So come join us for this very exciting and deeply rewarding life journey.
4 AUG – 25 AUG 2019
9 NOV – 30 NOV 2019
2 DEC – 23 DEC 2019
Find out more about this Yoga Teacher Training here.
This boutique retreat centre provides an intimate, friendly setting and is located in the lush green rice fields in Ubud. It’s a short walk or taxi ride into the center of town, close enough for convenience yet just far enough away to create a serene environment. The grounds are lush and tropical and you will find plenty of quiet corners to sit, daydream and enjoy nature. You can luxuriate in the 20 meter salt water lap pool with a sun deck. Our practice space is a beautiful wooden 110m2 yoga shala overlooking the rice fields.
The cafe is a haven for lovers of vibrant delicious food. All dishes are prepared with the highest quality produce, using healthy and tasty ingredients to create Indonesian and international dishes and delicious sweets. The Shala Bali is based on Ahimsa, so the kitchen facility is vegetarian (eggs and dairy are offered) and also vegan friendly.
The onsite Darshana Veda Spa is set in serene nature and invites guests to enjoy a full range of body therapy, beauty treatments, Ayurvedic treatments and massage using all natural, organic products.
The Shala Bali rooms are well appointed and beautifully unique. With 7 standard villa rooms, 3 Bungalows and 3 deluxe villa rooms, we can accommodate 26 people comfortably (twin share). There are two sections to the property. Darshana bungalows are situated at the entrance along with our spa and Indian Food cafe. Continuing in through the rice paddies you find The Shala Bali villas, Yoga Shala and restaurant.
All rooms are unique, some smaller and some bigger, some are standard king size, some have a view of rice fields, others with views of the gardens, one bungalow has a small kitchen and 3 deluxe rooms all with living areas and kitchens. The Shala Bali is a NON aircon retreat, for environmental sustainability, but there are fans in each room. Please note that during our training month (August) we generally enjoy cooler temperatures with lots of breeze.
Standard room facilities: mosquito net, ceiling fan, drinking water, safe, tea / coffee maker, fridge, linen, wardrobe, ensuite bathroom.
Bungalow room facilities: mosquito net, ceiling fan, drinking water, safe, tea / coffee maker, fridge, linen, wardrobe, ensuite bathroom.
Deluxe room facilities: Living area, kitchen, mosquito net, celling fan, drinking water, safe, tea /coffee maker, fridge, linen, wardrobe, ensuite bathroom including bath.
THE SHALA UBUD PACKAGES AND PRICING
Packages include tuition, course manual, accommodation, airport transfer, delicious buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon fruit snack and dinner; unlimited filtered water, fresh coffee and herbal teas. All meals are vegetarian, local foods are emphasized. Please let us know any dietary restrictions (vegan, allergies) on your application. A group opening and closing dinner on the first and last evening are included.
|Package||Early Bird Price (6 months prior)||Standard Price|
|TUITION, BREAKFAST & LUNCH||$3235||$3735|
The first step in booking your yoga teacher training in Bali is to fill out the online application form. Once your application is accepted, you can make a deposit of $750 to secure your spot. The remaining balance is due 60 days before the start of your program. Early bird discounts are offered to students who pay in full 6 months before the program begins.
The Zuna Yoga® 200 hour yoga teacher certification course provides a strong foundation in the physical aspects of yoga, including asana, alignment, anatomy, adjustments, modifications and safe bio-mechanics. Every teacher of yoga should understand how the body works in order to create physically and energetically sound sequences. Our course also delivers much more than just asana. We will explore the diverse teachings of the Yoga tradition, its history and philosophy. We’ll also introduce you to the advanced techniques of meditation and pranayama, as well as the principles of Ayurveda. You’ll get plenty of practice teaching and the opportunity to develop your own voice as an instructor. Your personal practice will improve dramatically. And most importantly, you’ll begin to understand the deeper meaning and broader context of yoga, which was always meant to be far more than just physical exercise.
ARE YOU READY?
Zuna Yoga® 200 hour yoga training programs include a vigorous two-hour + asana practice most days, twice daily. We strongly recommend that applicants have one year of consistent asana practice and are relatively comfortable practicing intermediate back bends and inversions. If you are new to yoga, this would not be an appropriate program in which to to participate. You will not benefit from learning yoga basics while simultaneously learning how to teach. That being said, if you have a regular yoga practice, you may be more ready than you think. We are looking for participants with a solid foundation in the basic and fundamental yoga postures. It is important to engage this training with a level of maturity, a willingness to learn and an understanding of the limits of your own body. Keep in mind this program is not only for aspiring teachers, but people who want to simply deepen their knowledge of yoga.
Students are required to complete the assigned reading as well as a book report for each work to demonstrate understanding and reflection on a personal level. Upon submission of these completed book reports and class assignments – either during the training, immediately afterward or in the months that follow – Zuna Yoga® will issue a certificate of completion.
Required Course Books
The Heart of Yoga – T.K.V. Desikachar (Hard copy or Kindle version available on amazon.com)
Yoga and Ayurveda – David Frawley (Hard copy or Kindle version available on amazon.com)
Trail Guide to the body- Andrew Biel 5th edition
(Hard copy available on amazon.com or download as eBook on www.booksofdiscovery.com Use code STFL to receive a 15% discount)
|6am||8.45am||Zuna Yoga Master Class|
|1.45pm||3.45pm||Lecture – Practicum|
OUR PROGRAM SYLLABUS
* Anatomy and Physiology – An in-depth study of the anatomy of movement and key systems of the body. Understand how the body works and apply this knowledge for safe and effective practice and teaching.
* Key Poses of Yoga – An in-depth study of postures, alignment, energetic and health benefits, adjustments, and modifications.
* The Lineages and History of Yoga – Learn where yoga comes from and how it has developed into its modern form today. An exploration of the foundational traditions and their philosophies, including Hatha, Tantra, and Vinyasa Yoga.
* Darshan – Darshan simply means a way of seeing. In other words, Darshans are the principle philosphical perspectives that define yoga. We will explore several of these including The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali that contains what is considered the most concise definition of yoga ever written as well as clear guidelines of how to achieve yoga.
* The Science of Yogic Breathing – this is much more than inhale/exhale. The breath is the primary life force and is the foundation of a meaningful yogic practice. The breath has a profound influence on our nervous system and how we interact with the world. We will cover its application to postures and meditation.
* Understanding the Energetic Body – Prana and the Chakras. Ancient yogis described the anatomy of the subtle body, beyond the physical form. There are many layers to understanding Prana, the prime life force and how it moves through the Chakras or energetic centers. This force and the currents of energy known as prana vayus are the very foundation of what makes yoga so powerful.
* Introduction to Ayurveda – Understanding this ancient sister science that grew from the same foundational philosophy as Yoga and Buddhism. Learn how to understand yourself and others through the context of doshas, gunas, prana, tejas and ojas.
* The Art and Science of Sequencing – You will learn how the tools of asana (postures), dharana (intention), pranayama (breathing methods), bandha (energy locks) and meditation are used to create meaningful sequences. A good class is not just biomechanically sound but also powerful on more subtle levels.
* Understanding Meditation – Developing your skills as a meditation teacher is an important part of filling your classes with rich, meaningful content. The power of meditation is significant. We will be sharing a variety of different methods for developing your own personal meditation practice and learning to teach.
* Developing a Yogic lifestyle – This goes much deeper than what you wear or what you eat. Understand how to incorporate the tools and philosophies of yoga to map out an authentic and purposeful life.
* Taking the seat of the teacher – There is more to leading a class than just having knowledge of yoga practice. We’ll give you tools to be an effective leader through understanding the responsibilities and ethics in the classroom, and as in your community.
* Business of Yoga – In many places throughout the world yoga has become a competitive market for most yoga teachers. There are a number of ways to you can stand out from the crowd and jump start your teaching career. We’ll show you how.
* Learn to Teach – In our courses everyone will get the opportunity to teach and refine their yoga language skills and their ability to deliver an inspiring class. There will be plenty of practice teaching: one on one, in small groups, and in front of the whole class.
* 200 hour Certificate will be awarded on completion of all course requirements. This certificate is all you need to immediately apply for your Yoga Alliance® RYT200® Certification, a certification recognized world wide.
* A detailed 400+ page Training Manual is included.