Vagabond Temple yoga and meditation retreat center invites you into their spiritual home for a unique experience of healthy living, transformation, tranquility and peace. Come enjoy one of their many retreat programs tailored to fit your individual needs to provide you with a rejuvenating, transformational experience. The programs incorporate different styles of yoga and meditation, pranayama (breathing exercises), Tantra and detoxification. The Vagabond Temple holistic healing sessions include massage therapy, reflexology, Reiki and chakra balancing to regain your balance and inner harmony.
Kobi and Pazit have been running spiritual yoga and meditation retreats for the past three years. Their teachings have brought guests from around the world to explore tools and techniques from yoga and meditation, Buddhist philosophy and energy healing to discover themselves and lead happier and more fulfilling lives. Discover yourself amidst a supportive international community with expert guidance while enjoying Cambodia’s beautiful mountains, jungle and ocean views. Customize your yoga and meditation retreat to experience the healing benefits of holistic massage, Reiki, yoga therapy and life-coaching.
6 October 2017 – 1 June 2018
|DURATION||5 Nights – 2 Months|
3 healthy vegan meals served daily; unlimited water and bananas
Vagabond Temple retreat program is suitable to all levels of experience – whether you are taking the first steps on your spiritual path or have an experienced practice already in place. Each guests’ program is built in a way that meets your own individual needs. Enjoy a unique learning experience, develop your own self-practice, heal, create and celebrate. With experienced teachers and healers, a supportive community, group classes, personal coaching and special workshops this program will encourage you to expand your mind, overcome your boundaries and live to your full potential. The property is located amongst the beautiful southern beaches of Sihanoukville, Cambodia, which allows the body and mind structures to relax, recharge, and elevate.
Some of the subject and practices explored in the retreat:
- Spiritual philosophy integrating the wisdom of yoga, Buddhism, Tantra and more
- Meditation: silence and active meditation from the yogic and Buddhist traditions
- Self-awareness inquiry: inquiries of our minds structure, speech and actions
- Asana (yoga posture): awareness to the physical and energy bodies with vinyasa, iyengar, hatha, kundalini and yin yoga
- Pranayama (breathing exercise): awareness of the breath, expanding breathing abilities and lifting the body energy in order to experience higher realms of consciousness
- Energetic anatomy of the body: the five koshas (energy layers of the body), energy centers (chakras) their functioning and imbalances including techniques from Reiki, Tai Chi, Chi kong and Tantra Yoga
- Nutritional guidelines from Ayurveda (the ancient Indian medicine) and natural hygiene.
- Developing self-practice: creating the right approach to spiritual path, building motivation and self-discipline to practice in the daily life, overcoming obstacles.
Vagabond Temple is situated within a tranquil and lush space in the quiet town Kep, surrounded by flowers, ponds, exotic fruit trees and plants including papaya, passion fruit, mango, pineapple, jackfruit, pepper and more. Set near Kep National Park’s beautiful mountains, and overlooking the sea, our retreat centre is a haven of peace and harmony. During free time, guests can enjoy exploring nearby villages or relax at the beach which is only a 5 minute drive from the centre (10-15 minute walk). The heart of Vagabond Temple is our Prana Lounge a central community gathering space where we invite you to share meals, socialize with other guests, or cozy up in a hammock with a book from our spiritual library. All accommodation facilities in the retreat centre are traditional Khmer straw and wooden bungalows nestled within our spacious gardens and range from shared to private and basic to premium. All bungalows are clean, comfortable and equipped with electrical outlets, bedding and fans.
- Basic outdoor dorm
- Basic shared bungalow
- Basic private bungalow
- Standard shared bungalow
- Standard private bungalow
- Tree top or top hill bungalow
- Premium bungalow
- Communal spaces – Throughout the house, you will find several communal chill-out spaces where you can relax, read, create and connect with people from around the world.
- Learning center – Featuring a small library stocked with books related to yoga and meditation, inspiring audio lectures, music, spiritual movies and documentaries.
- Free WiFi – WiFi is available throughout the premises for learning purposes and urgent communication, but we strongly encourage our guests to take time off from casual browsing and reconnect to the natural rhythms of life.
- Yoga hall – A spacious semi open-air space, perfect for learning and practicing, dancing and celebrating life. The yoga hall is equipped with yoga mats, straps, blocks, cushions, bolsters and a sound system.
- Healing hut – Our healing hut is a secluded, quiet, safe and energetic space to rejuvenate through a variety of healing sessions from one of our trained healers.
- Garden – In our peaceful garden, you will find hammocks, tables and chairs, outside gym (elliptical trainer, bench press and weights) and an open-air bathtub.
- Laundry – We provide basins for you to do your laundry or you can make use of our laundry service for a small fee.
- Food and drink – Your stay includes three delicious and balanced vegan meals per day, both Khmer and international, cooked with fresh local ingredients and charged with Reiki energy. Drinking water, herbal tea and bananas are available throughout the day.
“Life is beautiful, just go there!”
You come with your doubts and your questions and you leave just as YOU ARE…Such a beautiful place with benevolent people. It’s a place where each comes with its own story and injuries and where each can repair its soul. Thanks Pazit and Kobi for all your love…
– Reviewed by Angélique E in February, 2017
“Good for the soul!!”
This place has something really special. Just walking in you can feel the very positive vibe created by all those amazing people, from teachers, to staff and of course all the other participants. If you’re looking for a deep connexion to your true self, if you want to learn different meditation and yoga practice and have a healthy life, just let the power of love and light surround you!
– Reviewed by Sab L in February, 2017
“Great taste of a healthy yoga/meditation lifestyle!”
We are so happy with our decision to come to Vagabond Temple! We stayed for 5 nights in January and would have liked to stayed longer to really put our discipline to the test 🙂 We are both beginners in the field of yoga and meditation and this retreat was a great way to try out this lifestyle and see how it benefits our mental and physical health. Of course 6 days is not so long, but surely enough to already notice a difference in how you feel! We felt so energized after starting the day with a 2 hour yoga practice, no coffee or even a morning run can top that feeling. Now our job is to maintain this lifestyle 😉
Another great thing about Vagabond is the atmosphere. Everyone was so nice, interested and open to learn new things and to know more about each other. There was a great balance between being open to learn new things about spirituality, but the teachers as well as the students were also not afraid to goof around a bit and not take themselves too seriously.
Pazit, Kobi, and the whole team: thanks again for this impressive experience 🙂 We would definitely like to return and stay a bit longer. So hope to see you in the future guys!
– Reviewed by Cloë P in February, 2017
I stayed at The Vagabond Temple for one week and it was perfect! The atmosphere is unique and very warm and welcoming and makes you feel very safe. The Yoga and Meditation classes are fun and different every day so you don’t get bored. It was a wonderful experience that I’ll never forget! Thanks to the Vagabond Team!
– Reviewed by Luxlisobonalive in January, 2017
For more reviews, please visit our page on TripAdvisor.
|Basic outdoor dorm||US$200|
|Basic shared bungalow||US$225|
|Basic private bungalow||US$250|
|Standard shared bungalow||US$275|
|Standard private bungalow||US$325|
|Tree top or Top hill bungalow||US$350|
*All prices are listed in USD
To secure your reservation, we ask for a non-refundable deposit via PayPal. The remaining balance is payable upon check-in in USD or EUR. Please note that we do not currently accept credit cards.
*Please note that packages starts at 5 nights, for longer stays, please click the button below.
Kobi is a yoga and meditation practitioner and teacher, a nutritional and holistic health counsellor and life coach. Kobi was born in Israel in 1981 and has a degree in Comparative Religion (Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism and Western Philosophy) from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He has extensive experience and education in varying styles of yoga including Ashtanga Vinyasa, Kundalini, Hatha, Yin and Iyengar. In addition to training with yoga masters around the world, and becoming certified in Thai Yoga Massage and Yoga Therapy, he has a great passion for and knowledge of health and nutrition-based healing methods including—raw food, ayurveda, integrated nutrition and a natural hygiene nutrition method. Kobi uses his extensive theoretical knowledge complemented with years of practical experience working as a life coach and social worker to gently guide people on their path to self-realization.
Pazit is a yoga and meditation practitioner and teacher, a life coach and holistic healing therapist specialising in reiki, pranic healing and reflexology as well as self-development through theatre. Pazit was born in Israel in 1976 and has degrees in both Performance Arts as well as Education from the David Yalin Institute in Jerusalem. She is a certified reflexologist (Reidaman Institute in Jerusalem) and completed numerous studies in Reiki, including her Master level in 2012. While deepening her yoga practice in buddhist studies and retreats, she became a certified yoga teacher at Yoga Vidya Gurukul in Nasik, India. Pazit has over 10 years of experience in teaching, leading group workshops, personal coaching and alternative healing. She combines her extensive knowledge and expertise to help people heal and offer support on their life journey.
- 06:00 to 06:30 – Wake up into silence (until 09:00)
- 06:30 to 07:00 – Self-practice
- 07:00 to 09:00 – Group morning yoga practice (asana) postures and pranayama (breathing exercises)
- 09:00 to 10:00 – Breakfast
- 10:00 to 11:00 – Karma yoga (selfless service)
- 11:00 to 12:00 – Personal time: rest, relax at the beach, self-study / practice, personal interview with a mentor, healing sessions
- 12:00 to 13:00 – Midday activity: dharma talk, spiritual philosophy and focus classes
- 13:00 to 14:00 – Lunch
- 14:00 to 16:30 – Personal time: rest, relax at the beach, self-study / practice, personal interview with a mentor, healing sessions
- 16:30 to 18:00 – Afternoon practice: asana, pranayama and meditation
- 18:00 to 19:00 – Dinner
- 19:00 to 19:30 – Evening gathering: Q&A, sharing, yoga Nidra (the yoga of relaxation), guided meditation
- 21:30 – Silent time
- Sunday is an optional program day in the retreat center. There is a shortened yoga class in the morning, afternoon yoga class, and evening meditation and three meals are served. The rest of the day is free for program participants to do as they please. This day gives our guests the opportunity to rest, read, self-practice, enjoy the beach or go on an excursion.