Ayus Wellness is a wellness experience company centered in the Borneo rainforest at Mulu, Borneo, East Malaysia.
With the Ayus Wellness Experience (AWE), guests will immerse themselves in the magnificent beauty of Mulu’s primeval rainforest, a UNESCO World Heritage site, while enjoying wellness journeys inspired by Borneo indigenous knowledge of Nature, nutrition and healing.
The Ayus Wellness Experience (AWE) involves bringing wilderness into wellness experiences, and bringing wellness journeys into the wilderness. It is a time to reconnect with Nature, re-balance, renew and transform from deep within.
Our signature Ayus Wellness Clarity and Peace of Mind Journey encompasses immersive forest experiences including mindful forest journeys, yoga in primeval rainforest settings, deep tissue or relaxing massages using essential oils and aromatherapy derived from traditional knowledge and an optional sleep program drawing on Eastern wisdom and modern science. The Ayus Wellness cuisine draws on Borneo herbal and food traditions known for their powerful nutritional and health values. For much of this we have scientific understanding which we will share in the evening knowledge programs as the journey unfolds.
The wilderness brings with it a sense of wonder, of awe at the beauty and majesty of Nature and its restorative power. Wonderment has been shown to rewire the brain, to take us out of everyday ways of seeing and thinking, and this is the beginning of deep wellness.
As part of the wellness experience, a modern day Penan healer will guide you through a path of discovery of medicinals plants. The knowledge is still alive and in use, with the Penan medicinal expert sharing his vision of the role that medicinal plants play in the lives of Mulu’s forest dwelling communities.
Available all year round | 3, 5 or 7 nights
- Borneo Wellness Cuisine & Raw Food
- Airport Transfer
- Relaxing Massages
- Integrative Yoga Sessions
For more information on this retreat, please refer here.
Please view here for Frequently Asked Question.
- Travel Insurance
- International Flights
- Personal Expenses
- Optional and extra activities (excursions/transportation/ daily trip
- Additional drinks such as wine
Enjoy 2 daily delicious chef-made organic and vegetarian/vegan meals using locally sourced vegetables as well as our own home-grown olive oil. Non-vegetarian/vegan options or diet restrictions are available on request.
- Ayus Wellness is based within Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa, a luxury five-star resort. The Premier Rooms and Suites have been exclusively appointed by Ayus Wellness and the Wellness Cuisine will be especially prepared for Ayus Wellness guests by Mulu Marriott’s highly dedicated Team in collaboration with Ayus Wellness.
- keep this and remove all the way to room types and keep the title of the room
- Under location – The Resort’s close proximity to Mt. Mulu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is the perfect starting point for a journey of inner and outer discovery in an ancient and primal forest setting. Mulu’s ancient rainforest and sixty-million-year-old caves offer an unrivalled setting for unique and transformative wellness journeys.
The Clearwater Cave System in Mulu National Park is believed to be the largest interconnected cave system in the world by volume.
With its vast caverns, skylights into the rainforest and magnificent clusters of stalactites and stalagmites, Clearwater Cave is a place of powerful, subterranean beauty. So-named because of the cool, clear river water that flows through the 200 kilometres labyrinth that emerges as a pool at the base of the cave system. Bathing in the Clearwater pool, surrounded by ancient rainforest is a highlight of the Ayus Wellness Experience. Highly mineralised from iss journey through ancientcaves, the water invigorates, leaving bathers feeling refreshed from within.
Our 49sqm/ 527 sqft Premier Guest Rooms offer a king bed, a flat-panel TV and a lovely seating area by the window that looks out into the forest.
Our 61sqm/ 656sq ft Premier Suites showcase a bedroom and an adjoining living room with a private balcony and spectacular views. These rooms are air-conditioned and has a king bed and two televisions.
Ayus Wellness Experience (AWE) Leader
Samin, is an Experienced Yoga Alliance Registered YogaTeacher (E-RYT® 200) and Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. With a strong social media presence (Instagram 45,600 followers) Samin has been getting the message of self-sufficiency in yoga out to a global audience. Samin is leading the Ayus Wellness Immersion experiences and has adapted yoga techniques for maximum benefit in a tropical wilderness setting.
- Integrative yoga and meditative breathing
- Forrest Immersion
- AWE Signature Massage Treatments
- Clearwater Bathing
- Knowledge Program
- Medicinal Walk
- Peaceful Sleep – Optional
*The above sessions per program may be subject to change depending on the